Full name: Guillermo Villar Ruiz.
E-mail address: [email protected]
Mr. Villar is an architect and lead developer with more than eighteen years of overall experience in several IT related fields. He is very technically skilled on a wide variety of Microsoft technologies including SharePoint, web apps, WCF, C#, SQL Server, TFS, ... Mr. Villar has worked with teams across the globe including locations in the US, Spain, Poland, the Philippines, India and Argentina, mentoring and technically leading groups for the successful completion of projects. He is very passionate about new technologies, always trying to implement best practices and extremely detail oriented. He is also involved in the developer community with several successful projects published on Codeplex.
Period: June 2007 - Present date. (Chicago, IL, USA)
Functions: Consulting, analysis, design and implementation of Internet/Intranet portals and applications with Microsoft .Net technology.
Technologies used: Microsoft .Net technology: SharePoint, WCF, Web Services, C#, VB.Net, SQL Server, PKI, digital signature, client server digital certificates …
Migration of mixed environment from SharePoint 2010 + Project Server 2010 to SharePoint 2013 + Project Server 2013.
Working as SharePoint developer and dev. lead managing a team of resources from IDC, Poland, US and Argentina.
Tasks Mr. Villar worked on also include data migration with FluentPro tools, research on Office 2013 Apps integrated with SharePoint POCs, SharePoint Search, BDC, building on custom interfaces to provide better user experience to end users.
SharePoint 2010 web application for the biggest car dealer in the US. This portal is structured in a hierarchical way with a corporate root site collection as the main entry point, and several subsites for regions, stores, etc.).
The tasks Mr. Villar was involved in the project were mainly SharePoint oriented, including custom Workflows, CMS/publishing management, content type management, etc... but also include IIS/mobile redirection rules, web application analytics with Google Analytics and Omniture's T&T.
FSG CTI (Financial Services Group Client Tracking Invoices) application migration.
Customer has an application developed in Lotus Notes and wants to migrate to SharePoint 2010 platform, using Enterprise Library to manage core functionalities, Telerik controls for enhanced UI experience, WCF services for enriched user interaction, SQL Server 2008 R2 CDC for data auditing, unit testing with Moles framework, code quality metrics evolution using Sonar...
Working as the architect/technical lead to design and guide in the implementation of the solution, choosing the appropriate technologies, managing a team of offshore (Bangalore) developers, researching and providing solutions, monitoring the build process in TFS 2010 with custom build templates, gated check-ins and automated deployment procedures via WSP packages and PowerShell scripts.
Migration/separation of intranet and new functionality in SharePoint 2010 environment.
Enhance security on site creation, http modules to control access, custom timer job for recertification of site members, custom workflow for User Profile properties changes...
Added internationalization/localization support to the Exxon Mobil websites.
Using Sitecore to create a customized content import tool that would allow end users to bulk upload contents of the websites automatically.
Silverlight 4 application, ASA.Net, with backend composed of WCF 4 services, ACA.Net 7, SQL Server 2008...
In charge of services design and implementation, also developed an ASA (Avanade Silverlight Accelerator) extension to implement Message Inspectors that enables interoperability with WCF services for sending custom SOAP headers. Finally X509 certificates cryptography to handle security in the application.
Firewall change request.
Migration of legacy application for requesting firewall modifications to a MOSS 2007 environment. This application will also replace the current paperwork process.
As the only team member involved in the project, responsible for designing the application based on the requirements, implementation and deployment.
Creation of a new blank site with timer jobs, content types and custom forms associated to edition of list items, and implementation of a sequential workflow that requires approval of several parties before the change is effectively done.
Migration of current corporate portals to MOSS technology, developing web parts, user controls...
Implementation of web navigation tracking using Omniture suite.
Technical guidance to offshore resources on best practices and coding questions.
Migration of legacy application to new .Net technologies such as WPF using MVVM pattern and Entity Framework.
Team lead for defect fixing team, involving an offshore team of up to 7 developers (in Delhi) and onshore resources.
Responsible for triage of defects, code reviews, guidance for the developers, TFS reporting and also defect fixing.
Kerberos constrained delegation and protocol transition. Develop prototype application that accepts a UPN and uses protocol transition to impersonate that domain credential.
Time and expense WCF.
Design new set of services using WSSF and WSCF (custom Accenture versions), on a team with 5+ offshore (Manila) resources.
Also responsible for maintaining coding guidelines and standards amongst the Manila development team.
Management Model, MOSS 2007 environment, developing and deploying new functionality to integrate with the existing customer application using WSP packages.
Creation of timer jobs to send notifications and create reports available for end users, as well as event handlers to perform calculations on real-time metadata modified by end users in the site.
Portfolio Manager Workspace.
WinForms application implementing MVP pattern, using WCF, and Oracle DB. Implementing user interfaces, responsible for build and deployment and also responsible of fine tuning both DB repository and WCF services to make the application more responsive to end users.
FCP Design/2. This is a Model Driven Development tool for graphical user interfaces and custom software applications that needs to be migrated to .Net technologies.
In charge of designing and developing the necessary steps for code generation for CLR target languages (C# and VB.Net). I had a couple of resources off-shore to assist and supervise in the product build phase.
Also, in charge of designing and developing extensions for Office 2003 applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio) to perform communication between documents and the new D2 environment.
Analysis, design and coding of code generation tools using .Net extensibility, CodeDOM, Eclipse JET templates, Visual Studio Tools for Office, Smart Tags for Office...
Period: June 2004 - June 2007. (Madrid, Spain)
Functions: Consulting, analysis, design and implementation of Internet/Intranet portals and applications with Microsoft .Net technology.
Technologies used: Microsoft .Net technology: Web Services, C#, VB.Net, SQL Server, PKI, digital signature, client server digital certificates…
Relevant projects :
Gestion de Certificaciones de Licitadores. Registro de Licitadores is a web application in the Spanish Ministry of Taxes and Revenue developed to assist public contractors to apply for a Certificate issued by this Ministry, so they don't have to present all documentation to every official contest they apply to (even across different Ministries who subscribe to this tool).
This application performs communication using SSL and X509 user/server certificates, as well as digital signatures of the documents and receipts to prove authentication.
Mr. Villar was in charge of analysis, design and coding of new functionalities of the existing application, as well as user support. These changes involved also DB modifications using SQL Server 2000 (tables, views, stored procedures...).
Implantation of new certificate: electronic DNI. Key research and development for implantation of new Spanish digital certificate (eDNI based on X509, issued by the Police as a mean of uniquely authenticating users, like a driver's license or passport), digital signatures using both CAPICOM and CryptoAPI directly, SSL...
Last, but not least, there was an external company depending on another Ministry, developing a unique centralized server to check for X509 certificates (validity, expiration, revocation...). Also cooperating with them to guide them in the customer's needs (what they needed to implement in order to perform correct validation for our Ministry).
GRIFOS project. Migration of an Oracle solution to SQL Server, to maintain the stress load and obtain better results. Analysis and design of software tools to achieve desired results (including tools to distribute tables across filegroups...)
Securing communications using SSL and digital certificates (x509), and also design of digital signatures and how to implement them for their needs.
Migration and adaptation of an existing solution in Navarra government with old versions of .Net framework, ACA asset and WFF to the latest versions of all this software, as well as changing authentication to Active Directory integrated. The resulting application was deployed in Canarias government.
Mr. Villar was in charge of running performance analysis to identify bottlenecks and resolve the slow behavior of the application being developed (using multi-tier structure and remoting communication in .Net).
Also in charge of designing and implementing automatic updates for this application using one of Avanade's tools developed by the Spanish team.
Period: May 2004 - June 2004. (Madrid, Spain)
Functions: Analysis, design and implementation of Internet portals and administration tools, mainly with Microsoft .Net technology. Geographic location projects with GPS, data communication with GPRS…
Technologies used: Microsoft .Net technology: VB.Net, Web Services, C#, Delphi…
· FCC. Truck fleets location and systems interaction.
Period: July 2003 - April 2004. (Madrid, Spain)
Functions: Analysis, design and implementation of Internet portals and administration tools, mainly with Microsoft .Net technology. Sending information through secure channels with digital certificates.
Technologies used: Microsoft .Net technology: VB.Net, Web Services, C#, PKI (user/server certificates), SSL, Avanade ACA Framework, CMS, SPS…
· Dirección General de Seguros y Fondos de Pensiones (Ministerio de Economía)
Period: July 2003 - July 2003. (Madrid, Spain)
Functions: Administration tools and intranets development.
Technologies used: PHP, MySQL, DHTML, Access...
· Agrarian data management tools.
· Data query intranet.
Period: April 2003 - May 2003. (Madrid, Spain)
Functions: Analysis, design and implementation of Internet sites and Intranet administration sites (content managers)...
Technologies used: PHP, MySQL, DHTML...
· 25th Anniversary of Spanish Constitution.
Period : April 2000 - June 2002. (Madrid, Spain)
Functions: Analysis, design and implementation of Internet and Intranet sites, development of management tools, and maintenance of e-Jazz's development system, databases, backups...
Technologies used: IIS, ASP, SQLServer, DHTML, XML...
· http://www.uria.com/ and Intranet for Uría & Menéndez
Period: December 1998 - April 2000. (Madrid, Spain)
Functions: Analysis, design and implementation of Internet sites.
Technologies used: NAS (iPlanet), Tuxedo, LDAP, C, C++, Pro*C, DHTML...
· SFMT (telematic billing)
Period: January 1998 - December 1998. (Madrid, Spain)
Functions: Management, installation and maintenance of the computer systems of the ABC newspaper.
Technologies used: Oracle, Solaris, Sun Cluster, Sun VM...
· MCSD: Web Applications
· Developing Microsoft Azure and Web Services (MCP 70-487)
· Developing ASP.NET MVC Web Applications (MCP 70-486)
· MCPD: SharePoint Developer 2010
· PRO: Designing and Developing Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Applications (MCP 70-576)
· TS: Microsoft SharePoint 2010, Application Development (MCP 70-573).
· MCPD: Web Developer 4 (Visual Studio 2010).
· Pro: Designing and Developing Web Applications Using Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (70-519).
· TS: Accessing Data with Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (MCP 70-516).
· TS: Web Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (MCP 70-515).
· TS: Windows Communication Foundation Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (MCP 70-513).
· Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD): Enterprise Application Developer.
· Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS). .NET Framework 2.0, Windows Applications.
· Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS). .NET Framework 2.0, Web Applications.
· Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS). .NET Framework 2.0, Distributed Applications.
· TS: Upgrade MCSD Microsoft .NET Skills to MCPD Enterprise Application Developer by Using the Microsoft .NET Framework: Part 1 (MCP 70-553).
· TS: Upgrade MCSD Microsoft .NET Skills to MCPD Enterprise Application Developer by Using the Microsoft .NET Framework: Part 2 (MCP 70-554).
· Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD). Microsoft .NET.
· Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP 70-300) Analyzing Requirements and Defining Microsoft .NET Solution Architectures.
· Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP 70-316) Developing and Implementing Windows-based Applications with Microsoft Visual C# .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET.
· Microsoft Certified Application Developer (MCAD). Microsoft .NET.
· Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP 70-320) Developing XML Web Services and Server Components with Microsoft Visual C# .NET and the Microsoft .NET Framework.
· Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP 70-315) Developing and Implementing Web Applications with Microsoft Visual C# .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET.
· Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA) in SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edt.
· Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP 70-229) Designing and Implementing Databases with Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition.
· Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP 70-228) Installing, Configuring and Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition.
· Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) in Microsoft Windows 2000.
· Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP 70-210) Installing, Configuring and Administering Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional.
· Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP 70-215) Installing, Configuring and Administering Microsoft Windows 2000 Server.
· Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP 70-216) Implementing and Administering a Microsoft Windows 2000 Network Infrastructure.
· Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP 70-218) Managing a Microsoft Windows 2000 Network Environment.
Transcript ID: 757140; Access Code: 20131370
· Official Certification Master for Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) in Microforum, with SQL Server extension. October 2002 - March 2003.
· Internet Application Development Course with Java (350 hrs.) in Professional Training Madrid (HTML, DHTML, Java, distributed programming, Servlets, JSP and XML). July 2002 - October 2002.
· Oracle administration course.
· Disks/arrays management with Volume Manager Course (Sun Microsystems).
· Sun Enterprise Cluster HA management course.
· Excalibur RetrievalWare (knowledge management tool) course.
· Programming course with Sintagma tool (http://www.e-carrot.net/) and integration within Internet portals.
· Master's Degree equivalent in Computer Science.
Universidad Complutense de Madrid. Promotion 1999-2000.
· Bacherlor's Degree equivalent in Systems Computer Science.
Universidad Complutense de Madrid. Promotion 1996-1997.
· Access to University through C.O.U. / Selectividad.
· Spanish: Native.
· English: Full professional/bilingual proficiency.
· Creation of Web pages using latest technologies: HTML5, CSS, Json, jQuery, Bootstrap, Knockout, Angular, REST, ...
· Sharepoint 2103/2010, Sharepoint Server 2007 (MOSS) and SharePoint Portal Server 2003.
· Application Lifecycle Management. Tools and methodologies: TFS, Agile, Scrum, …
· WCF, WPF, WF, MVVM, Entity Framework.
· IIS Administration (Microsoft Internet Information Server).
· Windows administration in general.
· Database administration, design and development (SQLServer, Oracle, MySQL, ...).
· PKI, client / server certificates, digital signature, cryptography, CAPICOM, SSL security, Certification Authorities, …
· Object Oriented analysis, design and programming. UML and Rational Rose.
· Configuration of e-commerce payment systems (http://www.iustel.com).
· Knowledge of ECXpert, BEA Weblogic, Apache, Tomcat, Eclipse.
· Web applications programming with NAS (iPlanet) and Ldap.
· Database access through Tuxedo transaction monitor (Oracle, ...).
· Wide networking knowledge (TCP/IP, Novell, ...).
· Operating Systems: Unix/Linux, MS-DOS, Windows, MacOS.
· Edition and image processing programs: Photoshop, 3D Studio, 3DSMax, ...
· Office programs in general: MS Word, Access, Excel, ...
· VSTO: Plugins, smart tags, ...
Adds extended appointment calendar to see events for several upcoming days, and enhanced new email notification system to delete/flag incoming emails.
New providers to extend caching capabilities to use Windows Server AppFabric and a new SharePoint 2010 Logging Trace Listener.
2007/2010 Feature to generate documentation automatically for fields, content types, lists, users...
Plugin to display session information in a TreeView panel instead of the default ListBox, grouping the information logically based on hosts, folders...
Added basic support for DataSet and DataTable in Silverlight, and created a new Silverlight DataGrid control to allow for automatic binding.